e-learning platform for Anganwadi Workers & Supervisors
About the Project
Implementing partner: Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ Technical Agency: C&K Management Ltd., Hyderabad
E- Learning (Online training) platform is an innovation approach to improve the capacity of the Anganwadi workers and supervisors. DWCD in collaboration with Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) have initiated the conversion of classroom training modules for Anganwadi workers and supervisors into elearning modules which will be hosted on an online training platform. This will ensure a standardized form of high quality training for 97,135 Anganwadi workers and 3,575 Supervisors across the state. At the end of the training a verified certificate will be provided to all successful learners. The platform will offer the opportunity to track exactly the training status of all learners enrolled across the state.
As educational qualifications vary from 5th class to graduate level among the AWW and ICDS supervisors, the learning content uses vivid visuals and a rather colloquial form of Hindi which is still in line with the thematic based ICDS content. It is planned that the AWW and ICDS supervisors can take the self-learning course at the ICDS training centres. In some remote areas there might be problems concerning low bandwidth or poor internet connectivity. Therefore, the learning content will also be available via a mobile app which makes it feasible to access the course offline without internet connectivity.
Features of the e-Learning Platform Courseware
There are 7 modules comprising 45 chapters that have been converted into e-learning modules & is available in this portal.
- Growth Monitoring
- Macro & Micro Nutrients
- Community Participation
- Information Education Communication (IEC)
- Sectoral Management
- Malnutrition Management
- Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE)
Learning Management System
The e-learning platform is developed based on the Moodle framework, a robust, secure, open source learning management system used worldwide.
The three important features considered while developing the solution in this project are:
- Ease of use – With an intuitive interface, it is user friendly for the learners and easy to use.
- High Flexibility and Customisability – This application is modular in design, which means it is very flexible to develop and can integrate new modules based on the requirements.
- Scalability – It can support a few users to millions of users. Because of its flexibility and scalability, Moodle has been adopted worldwide by small and large organisations.
- Mobile App – The learning is extended to the Mobile App. This is an Android App, where a learner can continue accessing the content/course offline without the need of Internet connectivity.
There are two interfaces to the application
- Learner Portal / Mobile App – This interface is for the learners to access the course content. Learners can use the web portal from an internet enabled PC/Laptop to access the courses to which they have enrolled. They can also use the Mobile App from a tab to
access the course contents. Once the course content is downloaded into the mobile app, the learners can access the course even when they are not connected to internet.
- Administrative Dashboard – This is an exclusive interface for the Administrative team for learner tracking. Various stakeholders at State/District/Block can view the progress of the learners in their respective geographical locations who are tagged to them.
Further, the feedback piloting and roll out of this innovative and unique e- learning platform has been initiated in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
You can view the portal @ www.anganwadishiksha.org