Quality Assurance Engineers
Job description and roles and responsibilities
- Working with all stake holders to ensure that the quality metrics is reviewed, closed and agreed upon.
- Create a list of milestones and checkpoints and set measurable criteria to check the quality on timely basis.
- Defining processes for test plan and several phases of testing cycle.
- Planning and scheduling several milestones and tasks like alpha and beta testing.
- Focus on automation along with manual testing.
- Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Set processes for test plan reviews and ensure that that test plans get reviewed by all stakeholders.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- Meeting with Quality standards in various new testing technologies in the industry. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day to day work processes like agile and scrum.
- Collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
- Collaborate with QA Lead in creating test plans
- Writing bug reports
- Proven track record of strategizing and evolving testing strategies.
- Must have managed the roadmap for web and mobile products (Android/iOS) in the financial services industry.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Strong Java, J2EE development/Testing experience.
- Exposure to UI development/Testing
- Basic knowledge of web concepts (HTML, webservers) and relational database management systems
- Good knowledge and experience in automation testing and tools like Selenium.
- Experience with web service testing (REST and JSON, HTTP)
- Strong knowledge of testing tools for API testing, Load testing, distributed testing, functional testing, regression testing and exposure to testing automation is added advantage.
- Experience with Version Control Software’s- Git , SVN
- Experience in the entire lifecycle of projects – from requirement gathering to UAT sign-off
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills